Thursday, October 3, 2013

Project #4 Art 245 Video Remake



     For this project I attempted to remake the short conceptual art film "Lieder" by Cheryl Donegan. I used a Canon Vixia camera and other media to complete this remake including, canvas, paint, garbage bags, tape, pillows, oatmeal, and a swivel chair. This project was assisted by Sean Hansen who threw the paint and controlled the stereo. 
     After shooting the film I edited it using Final Cut Pro. For the audio I used parts of a song ("Restart" by Mexicans With Guns) layered with the audio track from the original film by Donegan. 
     I think the remake went pretty well and was able to capture the essence and concept of the original video while adding a more modern artistic quality. 

*Note- Technical difficulties with Youtube are not allowing me to post this video to blog at this time, however here is the link to the video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment